Monday, March 10, 2008

The american dollar theory

Many of us in America are quite familiar with the rise in gas prices, I am always considering causes and I have come up with a few things I think are to blame. The number one thing is behind all failed economies, greed. As automanufactures engineer vehicles that get better gas mileage, oil companies compensate for the loss.

Then there is the constant declining value of the dollar itself. With neverending inflation, the production of more money only means each dollar has less value. Oil is imported from other countries where our dollar value is put to the test. The lower it's value the more dollars it will take to make the same purchase. Obviously our economy is no longer backed with precious metals, so what is this "confidence" that it is backed by? I am thinking this is the actual equity of American made products. Now ask how many products are still made in the US, this is where it gets a little sickening. Gas prices have been going up about ten cents every month in my area, suppose this is the rate in which our money is declining in value from both over spending in the government resulting in overproduction of currency; and as an insult to injury, the movement of industries to forgein tetrafirma.

If there is anyone with some expertise in this field, please leave a comment or correction. I am well aware of the possiblity of being wrong, but that's not going to stop me from theorizing.
So please anyone, let me now about your ideas.

1 comment:

-nae- said...

Never thought of it like this. Good points. I can't argue.